5 Great Reasons to Consider a Tankless Water Heaters
Looking to get a new water heater installed? Here at Same Day Service Plumbing, Heating and Air, we think there are more than a few good reasons to consider a tankless water heater. From saving energy to saving cash, here are several of our favorite reasons to go tankless:
Okay, you really shouldn’t take endless showers, but you might just want to when you realize that a tankless water heater never runs out of hot water. That’s right; since a tankless heater warms your water on demand, there is no tank to run dry. That means that you have as much – or as little – hot water as you need at any time.
Upfront Investment, Long-Term Savings
It’s true that tankless water heaters can cost more up front than traditional storage units. The average cost for traditional units can be twice the cost of a standard water heater model. However, this discrepancy is more than compensated for with energy savings over time and a lifespan that more than doubles from that of a traditional unit, on average.
No Wasted Hot Water
Speaking of “as little” hot water as you need, have you ever thought about how much energy you’re wasting by having a large tank of water heated to 120 degrees at all times – even the middle of the night, or when you’re on vacation away from your home? That’s not a problem with tankless water heaters. They heat your water on demand, rather than holding a tankful of it at a time. So, you don’t ever have tons of unused water, just hanging around being needlessly heated all night.
How Long is a Long Life for a Water Heater?
Traditional water heaters usually last around 10 years, depending on use and care. Tankless water heaters typically clock in at fifteen years or longer! That’s 30% more time with a working appliance that you can take to the bank.
Unlike traditional water heaters – which must be tossed into the landfill when leaks or damage are discovered – tankless water heaters have replaceable parts. That means they can be repaired as needed, making them an eco-friendlier choice with a lifespan that can be extended even further than the initial average of around twenty years.
Contact Same Day Service Plumbing, Heating and Air to find out if a tankless water heater is for you. We can sell or service all brands and offer promotions on many services.
Never Go Without Hot Water Again
Traditional or standard water heaters come with an in-built water tank that is constantly filled and heated at a set temperature before every use. It takes considerable amount of time to heat water and at times you may get stuck waiting for it to be ready for use.
Instant water heaters are tankless but have a set of coils or a heat exchanger that gets activated immediately when the unit is turned on. The water gets heated rapidly as it passes through the hot coils and you have all the hot water you need available instantly!
If your standard hot water heater is getting old or needs repairs, consider replacing the unit with a tankless hot water heater. Instant water systems make complete sense for homeowners for several reasons, especially for vacation or second homes.
8 Reasons to Upgrade to a Tankless Water Heater
- Conservation of Energy: Tankless water heaters conserve energy by only heating the amount of water needed at the time. You won’t waste energy heating water when it’s not needed.
- Lower Utility Bills: Utility bills get reduced immediately and over the years because instant hot water heaters operate more efficiently, heating only the required amount of water when needed. Additionally, tankless water heating systems can be turned off when the appliance is not in use, to save money. Moreover, tankless systems eliminate heat losses.
- Unlimited, On-demand Hot Water Supply: Say No to long waits! Instant water heaters provide hot water immediately, without having to wait for water to get heated, as in the case of conventional water heaters.
- Better Quality Hot Water: When you’re not using your standard water heater, the water that stays in the tank for longer duration can gather rust, scale and lead which make the water impure and lower its quality. Such degradation is totally avoided in tankless systems.
- More durable & Long Lasting: Instant water heaters do not have a tank and this means lesser need for repairs or leakages. Moreover, these systems can last up to two times longer than a standard water heater.
- Protection of your property: Tankless water heater installed in your vacation or second home helps avoid the risk of any hazards, mishaps or flooding from water heater leakages while you’re not there and saves your house property from getting damaged. With the traditional water heaters, there is always the risk of leaking, or rupturing which may cause significant water damage. With a tankless system, there is much less chance of water damage occurring.
- Lesser Use of Space: Tankless water heaters have a compact size that utilizes much lesser space than conventional hot water heaters. They are wall mountable, either inside or outside of your home.
- Environment friendly: Tankless heating systems provide on-demand hot water instantly without having to waste or run down cold water that runs through the pipeline before hot water reaches the faucets and showers.
Our experts at Same Day Service Plumbing, Heating & Air can help you choose the right unit and provide suitable solutions to help you save energy and money. We are experts in installing, inspecting, servicing, repairing, and replacing all makes and models of hot water heaters. Contact us today to schedule an inspection.