Cost Efficient Heating Alternatives for Your Home
Winter in Northern California can be a wonderful and satisfying time of year. When the winter cold settles in, warming your home is not luxury; it’s often a requirement. Whether you want to service a current heating system, need a repair or plan to replace it, Same Day Service Plumbing, Heating & Air can manage the job and guide you throughout the many available choices. Our certified technicians are fully trained and ready to assist with your most pressing needs.
The vast bulk of older furnaces are oversized and expend more energy than needed. Even when your old furnace carries on to work, it’s costing you significantly more in energy bills than a newer model. Today’s manufacturing companies design furnaces to meet strict safety and functionality standards. The experts from Same Day Service will assess your home, taking into account size, number of rooms, local temperatures and will supply specific recommendations for cost efficient and effective heating alternatives. We offer an extensive selection of equipment to meet all budgets, with AFUE ratings up to 90%. This means that ninety percent of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home.
The perfect time to control and tune your heating system is throughout the off-season. The intricacy of heat units makes it essential that a trained and competent to provide the preventative maintenance. Not only will an annual tune-up virtually eliminate unexpected repairs and lengthen your system’s life span, it’ll improve the quality of the air you breathe. Breathing clean air may have an essential impact on health. Dust and debris that’s drawn into your system will rapidly overcome a standard filter and progressively accumulate in the mechanical systems and ductwork. Without regular maintenance, this accumulation will drag down efficiency and cause discomfort, dust, allergy and high utility bill problems. Whenever you call Same Day Service, our trained technicians will ensure the home Heating and air conditioning gear is running safely and at peak, hassle free capacity.
Call us at 1-888-937-3350 to schedule your annual heating system check.
15 Proven DIY Tips to Winterize Your Home and Maintain Your Heating System
Most annual maintenance and heating system checks should be performed only by a qualified service technician from a professional company like Same Day Plumbing, Heating and Air. However, there are some things that you can do yourself, in addition to the professional service, to assure optimal performance of your heating system and prepare your home for the Winter season. Here are 15 tips:
- Ensure all ground mounted outdoor units are clear of restrictions like debris, clutter and weeds
- Keep pets away from the unit; pet urine can cause expensive damage
- Keep furnaces, chimneys and vents free of any obstruction. Watch out for birds, squirrels and other animals that tend to build nests in these areas.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector. Also, periodically open windows in winter to let fresh oxygen-rich air inside and let out any potential carbon monoxide.
- Do a self inspection of your home exterior to identify any cracks or gaps. Check for any air leaks or missing weather-stripping around your windows and doors and caulk those areas.
- Cover all the water pipes that run through your home with foam pipe insulation. This will make your home heating system more efficient and reduce chances of pipes freezing and bursting
- Wrap up your hot water cylinder and water tanks in roof cavity with warm insulation jackets to increase efficiency and put less stress on your boiler when the temperature dips.
- Keep your boiler on a low temperature continuously, even when you are away on a holiday or on weekends, to keep pipes warm enough and prevent freezing or pipe bursting.
- Inspect and vacuum clean air registers or baseboard radiators and keep them free of blockages like carpets or furniture to improve heat transfer.
- Power flush your radiators to remove build-up of black sludge and dirt in your old central heating system
- Check and ensure that the furnace, breakers and disconnects are turned on and running properly
- Set the boiler thermostat correctly depending on the time of year and your personal preference. The average temperature setting for the winter, it is 68°-72°.
- Inspect, clean, or change air filter once a month in your furnace and/or heat pump
- Keep your heating system lifespan guidelines in mind! The average lifetime of a furnace or a boiler is 15-20 yrs.
- Be vigilant and look for warning signs for potential problems. Warning signs include:
- Noises like crashing or banging with your furnace or strange smells
- Insufficient heating in all areas of your home
- More than usual longer time to heat up or cool down
- Rising utility bills
Our Same Day Service Heating System Check Technicians realize our handy homeowners may take matters into their own hands to try and cut costs. By doing your part to maintain your heating system, this will help save you prevent potential warning signals that require servicing.
However, for those warning signals that require a professional, we guarantee all work to be fixed right the first time or work until you’re satisfied at the most reasonable price. If you are experiencing issues as you work through the Do-It-Yourself checklist, and fear there may be a problem with your heating system, seek the knowledge and expertise of our experienced and professional heating system service technicians. Don’t wait! The longer you delay, the worse any underlying problems will get.
Contact Us to schedule a service to winterize your home: 1-888-937-3350.