5 Top Advantages of Switching to a Tankless Water Heater
If your hot water heater is getting old or you are thinking about purchasing a unit that is more energy efficient, you should consider switching to a tankless hot water heater. This type of unit is also perfect for vacation or second homes because you won’t waste energy heating water when it’s not being used.
Here are five of the top advantages of switching to a tankless water heater:
- Compact Size – They take up a lot less space than standard hot water heaters and can even be mounted on a wall, either inside or on the exterior of your home.
- Longer Lifespan – Tankless hot water heaters typically last around 20 years, while standard water heaters have an expected lifespan of 10-15 years.
- Unlimited Hot Water – You no longer have the problem of running out of hot waterwhile you’re in the middle of a shower; in fact, tankless water heaters can provide you with continuous hot water as long as they’re operating within their capacity.
- Lower Utility Bills – You can expect lower utility bills immediately and for years to come. That’s because instant hot water heaters operate more efficiently, only heating water when it’s needed, where with a standard unit, a tank of water is constantly being heated.
- Better for Environment – Besides using less energy, on-demand water heaters also waste less water because you don’t have to let water run as long to get hot water to faucets.
We are experts at installing tankless hot water heaters and sell a full line of Navien and Rheem tankless units. We also inspect, service and repair all makes and models of hot water heaters. Call us today if you’re interested in switching to a tankless water heater, or if you’d like to schedule a hot water heater inspection.