8 Benefits of Using Filtered Water
As we all know by now, it’s important to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. But what are some reasons for filtering that water? Well it really comes down to water quality.
If your water shows signs of contaminants or other issues, a water treatment system can really help to improve its quality. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of using filtered water in your home:
- Water that’s been filtered tastes and smells better because filtering can remove chlorine and other contaminants.
- The cost of filtered water from your own tap is much less expensive that buying bottled water.
- Filtered water is better for the environment than water from plastic bottles because many of those plastic bottles end up in landfills.
- Drinking filtered water reduces the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 30% because harmful protozoa are removed from the water.
- Since filtered water often tastes better that unfiltered tap water, foods cooked with it will often taste better also.
- Unfiltered tap water often contains contaminants that consumed over time, can eventually weaken your immune system and even cause disease.
- Whole house water filter systems remove the most harmful contaminants from your water while leaving the minerals that your body needs.
- Filtration systems can remove dangerous lead from drinking water. According to WebMD, even pipes that are “lead-free” can contain as much as 8% lead.
The first step in making sure you are drinking good quality water is to have it tested by a certified professional. Same Day Service Plumbing, Heating and Air will not only test your water, but also recommend solutions to fit your water quality needs and budget. Contact us today to learn more.