Stay Cool, Save Energy and Even Get a Tax Credit with a New AC Unit
Buying a new air conditioner is an investment, that’s for sure. But now is actually a great time to buy one if you’ve been on the fence about it. Here are several reasons why:
- First of all, summer is just around the corner, and of course, you want to stay cool and comfortable when you’re indoors and it’s hot outside. If your existing AC unit is old, makes a lot of noise, or just doesn’t put out all the cool air that you need, you should think about buying a new one.
- Investing in a new energy-efficient air conditioner will not only ensure your comfort during the hottest months of the year, but will also save you money by lowering your utility bills. In fact, if your air conditioner is 10 years old or older, you might be able to reduce your energy costs 20%–50% by switching to a high-efficiency unit.
- If you purchase an air conditioner certified by ENERGY STAR any time in 2016, you can claim a $300 tax credit when you do your taxes next year. Claiming the credit is easy. Just save your receipts and the manufacturer’s certification statement for your records. And when tax time rolls around, you just need to file the IRS Tax Form 5695 and submit it with your taxes.
- Newer energy-efficient AC units are better for the environment and help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. That’s why the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency developed the ENERGY STAR program back in 1992.
- Another great reason to buy a new AC unit now is our new promotion that gives you $500 off the installation.
Contact us today to learn more. We will be happy to work with you to help you choose a new energy-saving AC unit that’s the perfect fit for your needs and budget.